Lentil stuffed ramiro peppers
- Prep time:10 minutes
- Cook time:20 minutes
- 1 tsp. ghee or coconut oil
- ½ a medium sized white onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup zucchini, finely chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3.5 oz. chopped tinned tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 cup cooked red lentils
- 1 Tbsp. flaked almonds
- 1 small handful cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 large red Ramiro peppers
- ½ cup Feta cheese (or use dairy free cheese if preferred), crumbled
- Preheat oven to 180˚C/350˚F.
- Melt the ghee / oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 2-3
minutes, stirring until soft.
- Add the zucchini and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring until soft.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the Italian seasoning, basil, salt and pepper and stir. Add the cooked lentils, stir well
and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the flaked almonds and cilantro.
- Cut the Ramiro peppers in half lengthways. Remove the seeds and pith and discard.
- Line an oven tray with foil and place the peppers on the tray, skin side facing down.
- Spoon the mixture into the peppers, until all used up.
- Crumbled the Feta cheese over the peppers.
- Bake for around 20 minutes, until the peppers are soft.
- Consume immediately.